Wednesday, June 25, 2014

GPS requirement for school-SLO 4: “Knowing that communication styles vary by culture”

The communication styles her are definitely different than they are in the US.  The biggest difference that I have noticed every single day is how little they value their personal space.  I have never been touching so many strangers at once which I know sounds weird, but there is no other way to describe it.  The metro is by far my absolute least favorite thing about Paris for oh so many reasons.  The metro is pretty much almost always packed with people literally busting out of the doors when they open, which is quite a challenge let me tell you (especially when you are on crutches).  Not only are you like literally laying on complete strangers and not to be rude, but a lot of the time they smell quite unpleasant.  The metro has so many different odors going on that it is just a space filled with bad, bad smells and sweaty people touching you.  I can't be on it for too long without needing to get out of there and be in my own personal space bubble.  After being here for a while and riding the metro every day, I really appreciate the fact that I can have all the personal space I want at home and when I need to go somewhere I can go in the privacy of my own good smelling car.

No comments:

Post a Comment