I'll be living a day in the life of a Parisian for the month of June while attending the Paris Fashion Institute as part of my schooling at AU. During this adventure I plan on jumping out of my comfort zone, taking risks (which is something I rarely do), gaining knowledge from amazing people, and having the time of my life. Oh, and shopping...a lot (Bonjour Coco Chanel). So Paris, lookout, I plan on taking you by storm.
Saturday, July 12, 2014
GPS requirement for school: SLO 5: “Demonstrate familiarity with communication styles and values of one culture other than their own.”
I learned a lot about the french communication styles. One thing that I really noticed was how much they talk with their hands, I thought a lot of people in America (including myself) used a lot of gestures when talking, but that is nothing compared to the French. Another thing that I thought was interesting was the fact that they are very distinctive between "good evening" and "good night". Here for example, when I am at work and it is 6 in the evening I will often times say "have a good night" instead of "have a good evening", but when I did this in Paris (in french of course), they would correct me and tell me to say "good evening" because saying "good night" meant that you were going to go to bed. I found this very interesting seeing as here in America, we often use these sayings interchangeably.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment