Saturday, June 14, 2014

GPS requirement for school: SLO 1: “Demonstrate facility in a language other than English”

After being here for 2 weeks it is starting to refresh my memory of my 4 years of french classes and I am also learning new words too! When we first got here I just got super frustrated when I was somewhere and they didn't speak any english and I couldn't figure out what they were saying in french.  Now, I try as hard as I can to figure it out word by word and go from there.  At one of our favorite restaurants to go because it is close to our school and it is good and inexpensive, is Pizza 30.  There is one guy there who now knows all of us because we go there so often and he speaks french and english.  He won't let us order in english because he wants to help us improve our french, so a few nights ago when we went there for dinner, he didn't let us use any english and made us say our orders correctly all in french and he spoke back to us in french.  I can now say that I have had a conversation all in french and understood it all for the most part at least.  Two weeks ago when I first got here I would not be able to say that I could have a conversation with my waiter in french, so I consider this an accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment