I'll be living a day in the life of a Parisian for the month of June while attending the Paris Fashion Institute as part of my schooling at AU. During this adventure I plan on jumping out of my comfort zone, taking risks (which is something I rarely do), gaining knowledge from amazing people, and having the time of my life. Oh, and shopping...a lot (Bonjour Coco Chanel). So Paris, lookout, I plan on taking you by storm.
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
SLO 3: gps requirement for school
You know how at a restaurant or a store in America when we go to pay for our items we either put it in the little folder thing (at restaurants) or at the store we just hand the cashier our money, hand to hand? Well that is not the case in Paris. At the bakery we visit frequently, when I go to pay for my items there is a little glass dish laying on the counter which you are supposed to place your money in and then they put your change in that same dish instead of handing it to one another. I did not even realize this until probably a week ago and then felt a little embarrassed that I had been doing it wrong the whole time. These glass dishes are not just used at places such as the bakery...they are used in majority of the restaurants or cafe's as well. I find it strange that they use them at restaurants instead of the little folder things we use in America, so it is interesting to see how many little but important differences there are culturally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment