Saturday, June 14, 2014

Being a tourist

Yesterday was probably my best day here!  We decided to go to the world's largest Chipotle, and the most touristy thing of all, the Eiffel Tower.  Taking the metro to Chipotle was a little challenging because we had to go to places we had never been before and get off of our first metro at another metro stop that had metro lines 8 and 9.  Once we got it all figured out we were so excited, so we got on our "layover metro" if you will, and then realized that the stop we were supposed to get off at was currently closed for some unknown reason.  No worries though, we just got off at a stop near the one we were supposed to get off on and found it from there!  After Chipotle we headed over to the Eiffel Tower!  We waited in line for quite a while and then finally got to go up in it.  We went all the way to the top and had a blast!!!  The city is so beautiful especially at night (by the time we got up there it was close to midnight) and I am starting to enjoy my time here a lot more.  Granted there definitely were and are on a daily basis still some challenges along the way like walking a lot which caused my foot to hurt and swell up today, but hey what am I gonna do?  I have had to miss out a few things here solely due to the fact that my foot is fractured, but when I do have good days, it just makes them seem like extraordinary days.  I only have 2 more weeks to be here which is a little bitter sweet, but I honestly cannot wait to be home!
The world's largest Chipotle!!! It was soo good!

We were so excited when we first saw the Eiffel Tower from afar!

The Eiffel Tower is way huger than I even expected it to be..and it is absolutely gorgeous at night!

selfies with Val on the top of the Eiffel Tower.

Definitely finding out who my friends are while I'm here..these 2 are my favorite to be with :) and to think..Katie and I never really talked to each other in class or anything before this trip and now we are like bffs.

The view from the top!

such a beautiful thing to experience at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment